Sunday 17 October 2010

2010-10-16 Feldkirch (AT) - Innsbruck (AT)

Now this was the day I soo wanted to remake! First of all since my first visit to Austria in Innsbruck and Bludenz where I have good friends there which we met almost 10 years ago. Then for one new year eve spent in the Tyrolean mountains, one interrail made in 2004 on which I made a self promise to visit Austria next year on bike (promise fulfilled), but the extra that in the Summer 2005 damaging floods happened there right on the day of my arrival to Zürich. So in 2005 there were damaged roads, railway line, and some closed tunnels.
Now in 2010, started with light rain.
















This was a day with the lowest average, because this day was really to enjoy the most, it's impossible to not like the mountains, even if You have to go up.
Don't forget that what's goes up, must go down!

174,97 km in 12h11m Moving Time: 09h15m Max Speed: 61,0 km/h (I was faster riding down inside the Albergpass tunnel, but was not recorded on the GPS) Average: 18,9 km/h Radfest Total: 993,89 km Bike Total: 16325,3 km
Route: 2010-10-17 Feldkirch (AT) - Innsbruck (AT)



And this song was all day in my head: Groove Armada - Paper Romance

And a note... It really looks like that there nothing happened, like the floods never happened! Great job! Also that if it wasn't my other night arrival I would continue the trip between Landeck and Innsbruck on the bike roads. However any road in Austria (Except freeways and S roads) is cyclable.

(And I will upload the photo with the records of the altitude, for better view of this path)

No comments:

Post a Comment